My Best Furry Friend - We're Up and Running -

Friday, September 26, 2008

My New Business



MY NEW BLANKET BUSINESS

A few months ago I made a few unique baby gifts, silky soft, furry blankets, for a couple of new babies. The ladies at the baby shower loved the baby security blankets and asked if I would make some for them. Their friends saw these unique baby shower gifts and wanted more. I made forty animal print baby blankets that month and I just gave them away.

The following month and 30 blankets later I had an epiphany. Why not make these creative baby gifts into a small business. Making these precious blankets made me happy and I love working with my hands. So, the fun began. I created three design lines; Noah's Ark, Sweet Dreams, and Furry & Fun. After deciding on a business name, finding a logo, getting the proper trademark authorizations, opening bank accounts, building a temporary website (the real one is one the way with beautiful photos) created by my son-in-law, getting a terrific business coach through Prosper Learning, purchasing fabrics and hiring employees; BIP Enterprises, LLC dba My Best Furry Friend was born.

I found that all, children and adults alike, love the silky softness of the blankets. I am now offering a variety of sizes to fit the recipient. This alone has increased by customer base. I have corporate customers ordering for their employees and clients who have had new babies. College students are using "My Best Furry Friend" blankets for their afternoon naps between classes or as TV blankets to snuggle in.

I am learning so much going through this experience. Creating this blog is one of my assignments. My husband and children can hardly believe this new computer mama. I am having the time of my life. My husband wants to retire in the near future and here I am just
beginning. Enjoy your tour at my unique baby gifts website.

3 comments:

Pesonalized Baby Gifts said...

I think Blanket is nice baby gift.
Personalized Baby Gifts

kousalya said...

Very nice and interesting blog. I like it and so much thanks for sharing this nice post with us and keep posting.
What an exciting experience!/Hilarious! Delightful! True!/wonderful stuff! thank you!

Mary said...

Thanks for a great piece of information.well ! luxurychenille offer Tresaro chenille and micro plus robes, blankets, throws, slippers and even teddy bears in all sizes including plus size bath robes. The luxurious robes are featured in five star hotels and spas around the world.
http://www.luxurychenille.com/